We’re passionate about creativity and believe creative pursuits are vital for living a well-rounded life. But how many times do you hear people say they don’t have time for it? One thing all successful, productive quilters have in common is that they make time for their craft. And whether you’re working full time or retired, have kids to take care of or long travel commitments – you can make time to quilt. Sometimes it’s a case of carving out a day to spend time with your friends in a sewing group, other times it’s starting a portable hand sewing project if you spend a lot of time on the road. For some of us, quilting time is racked up in 15 minute increments.
This issue, we’re MOTIVATED by modern text quilts with a gallery and a project, and Vicki Holloway’s article on developing a quilting system. We MEET Elizabeth Hartman, Tiffany Horn and Brooke Osborne, three inspiring women with a fantastic eye for colour and design. We MAKE transparency, star, Liberty and modern text quilts.
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$10 (approx. US$7, CA$9, €6 or ￡5).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Flock of Stars Quilt by Tiffany Horn (@villageboundquilts)
- Hexametric Quilt by Katy Devlin (@lethargiclass)
- Forest Friendship Baby Quilt by Erin Young (@berrypatchcottage)
- Bush Gum Blossoms Cushion by Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Coastal Breeze Quilt by Kelli Marshall (@simplymackbeth)
- Hide and Seek Quilt by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts)
- Tic Tac Tango Quilt by Velda Roy (@freckledfoxquiltery)
- Quilty Periodic Table Mini Quilt by Brooke Osborne (@ohsewbrooke)
- Makes You Happy Mini Quilt by Sam Hunter (@huntersds)
- Happy Hour Mini Quilt by Vicki Holloway (@vickihollowayquilting)
- Rising Star Quilt by Lissa LaGreca (@lovinglylissa)
- Starburst Quilt by Moira de Carvalho (@quilttalking)
- Medley Medallion Sampler Quilt Part 1 by Cathy Victor (@catequilter)
- Quilts on the Catwalk by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Developing a Quilting System by Vicki Holloway (@vickihollowayquilting)
- Gallery: Fontastic! Using Text in Quilts by Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Meet the Maker: Elizabeth Hartman (@elizabethagh)
- Meet the Maker: Tiffany Horn (@villageboundquilts)
- Meet the Maker: Brooke Osborne (@ohsewbrooke)
- Quilt Like a Rock Star by HollyAnne Knight (@stringandstory): FMQ – learn new quilting motifs by doodling
- Maths + Methods by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): The Quilting Economy
- The Hustle by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel): Podcasts
- Agony Aunt Molli Sparkles (@molli_sparkles)
- Ask the Makers: What is your favourite quilting technique?
- Quilt Group Profile: Winchester Modern Quilters, Virginia, USA
- Library: Zakka Home by Seder Imer, Quilt Big by Jemima Flendt, Pin Pals by Carrie Nelson, and Kaffe Fassett’s Quilts in America by Kaffe Fassett