With so many of us loving handmade gifts and holiday décor, Christmas quilt patterns are always in high demand – and we’ve got a few lovely ones this issue, from practical hot pads for the Christmas table to heirloom stockings to a Christmas themed quilt. Of course, there’s also the usual mix of bright and beautiful quilt patterns, including some smaller makes that make great gifts.
In Issue 19, we MEET FMQ royalty Angela Walters and Australian art quilter Pam Holland. We MAKE our new sampler from Sheila Christensen of Mystery Quilter; Christmas quilt patterns, or a selection of gorgeous quilts – whether you’re inspired by art, cool blues, rainbow brights or minimalism. We MOTIVATE you to reflect on your quilty journey. Take a look at that first quilt and see how far you’ve come! Or maybe you’re still in the beginner stage – and we have a wealth of tips to help you avoid some of the mistakes we made in our early days.
Make Modern magazines are jam-packed with modern quilt patterns suitable for beginner quilters to advanced, and articles about modern quilting guaranteed to make you smile, inspire you to quilt outside your comfort zone, and start making modern quilts today. Our beautiful patchwork magazine is published independently by a team of quilters, and priced at just AU$10 (approx. US$7, CA$9, €6 or ￡5).
*Price in AUD converted to your currency during checkout. Make Modern is a digital modern quilt magazine available worldwide. Instantly download the 100+ page PDF to your device and print pages as you like.
- Potter's Wheel Quilt by Julia Wentzell (@briarhilldesigns)
- Elevator Door Quilt by Kelsey Evans (@foxfishe)
- Christmas Crackers Quilt by Samantha Green (@fortheloveoffabric)
- Wrap Around Table Runner by Susan Emory (@swirlygirlsdesign)
- Flocks of Colour Quilt by Monika Henry (@pennyspoolquilts)
- Christmas Holly Hot Pads by Katy Devlin (@lethargiclass)
- Dakota Prarie Dash Quilt by Jessica Roze (@scrappynhappy)
- Hexalicious Quilt by Liz Dunne (@madeinirelandquilts)
- Sewing Illustrated Pincushions by Minki Kim (@zeriano)
- Mondrian's Lone Star Quilt by Linda Robertus (@bluejacarandadesign)
- Christmas Tree Stockings by Capi Cloud Cohen (@sewcloudy)
- Quilted Leather Wallet by Robbin Flockhart (@sewfarmquilter)
- Mini Wonders Sampler 1 by Sheila Christensen (@mysteryquilter)
- Scrap Quilting Made Modern by Joanne Harris (@turtlequilterjo)
- First Quilts by Jane Kelly (@janekellyquilts)
- Gallery: First Quilts by Kristy Lea (@quietplay)
- Bento Bags from Cat Noonan (@tincatsew)
- Meet the Maker: Angela Walters (@angelafmq)
- Meet the Maker: Pam Holland (@pamholland3)
- Maths + Methods by Alyce Blyth (@blossomheartquilts): Border Security
- The Hustle by Angie Wilson (@gnomeangel): Instagram Changes
- Agony Aunt Molli Sparkles (@molli_sparkles)
- Ask the Makers: If you could go back in time, what is the biggest hint or tip you would tell your beginner quilty self?
- Quilt Group Profile: Denver Metro MQG, Colorado, USA
- Library: Free-Motion Meandering by Angela Walters, Red & White Quilting by Linda Pumphrey, Distinctive Dresdens by Katja Marek, and Create Your Own Improv Quilts by Rayna Gillman